Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christ and culture

I've been thinking about this issue a lot since I'm teaching through Acts both at church and at the school. I like what Frame says concerning this:

"I find myself supporting the view that Christians should be seeking to transform culture according to the standards of God’s Word. This simply means that if you are a Christian artist, car repairman, government official, or whatever, you should be seeking to do this work as a Christian, to apply God’s standards to your work. As Paul says, “whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” Christians have always sought to do this, and in seeking to do this, they have had a huge impact on culture."

-John Frame

Also, on this particular topic, I've enjoyed reading through Dick Staub's book, "The Culturally Savvy Christian."

No comments: