Monday, September 17, 2007

The motive of studying Theology

We're studying a lot of theology right now in my classes. In Acts, we've been studying the doctrine of the Spirit. In John, we've been studying Christology, and in Romans we've been studying Apologetics specifically related to the Existence of God. Here's a great reminder to my students about our studies:

“The study of religious truth ought to be undertaken and prosecuted...with a view to the improvement of the heart. When learned it ought not to be laid on the shelf, as an object of speculation; but it should be deposited deep in the heart, where its sanctifying power ought to be felt." (J. L. Dagg, Manual of Theology)

In heart, mind, soul & strength may we love Him more!

2 comments:

The Martins said...

That was basically my lesson this past sunday. I told them that the purpose of studying theology was not to be a fathead. Or a puffy Christian. (1 Cor 8:1)

wes mcmurray said...

I guess you started Core...I bet it was awesome.
You know what else is awesome is that I'm gonna start calling people fatheads