Monday, October 1, 2007

Home again

I'm back from both of the Fall Retreats. Wednesday-Friday, we had our school's retreat to Windy Gap. It was a great trip. Josh & Tasha Via & Austin Rammell did a great job leading us in worship & study of Scripture.
From Windy Gap, I took a group to another camp called Bonclarken for our church's Fall Retreat. I never did catch the guy's name that spoke there. It was either Brian or Steve. The music was led by Josh Bales. Again, both were great.

I've heard so much at both retreats, its a little difficult to take it all in. Perhaps more than any particular message that stood out to me was a couple of observations while I was gone:

1. I watched students on these trips set an example for older believers (1 Tim. 4:12). Whether it was sitting in on a student-led Bible study, or listening to students worship, or seeing someone sitting alone with her Bible reading, or being with someone broken who understood their desperation for Christ, or seeing a couple of students praying for one of their friends, it was a great experience for me to just observe these examples for me.

2. The other observation was the reality that while being at a retreat for students, its sometimes easy to hear God's word in a way that you're listening for other people. It makes sense to do this, because we've been praying over the students. But what struck me, was the realization that I need to hear a word from God as well, and not listen with the ears of others but rather to hear what God is speaking to my heart.

Praise God for the wonderful retreats that He allowed us to be a part of.
"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:18).

No comments: